At Blue Coat we want to ensure that every one of our students is given every opportunity to succeed. For some of our students this might mean financial support if a student is experiencing financial hardship.
The 16-19 Bursary is a fund that supports access to learning for Sixth Form students who are suffering financial hardship; it helps pay for:
- Learning equipment
- Field trips
- University Open days/visits/interviews
There are 2 types of bursary that may apply toy depending on your financial situation.
The Vulnerable Bursary
This is available to students who fall under any of the following categories:
- Young person in care
- Young person in receipt of income support (in your own name)
- Disabled young person in receipt of Employment Support Allowance & Disability Living Allowance.
The Discretionary Bursary
This is available to students who can evidence meeting the following criteria:
- Eligibility for FSM in Year 11
- Unaccompanied asylum seeker
- Young carer not in receipt of a carers allowance
- Parent in receipt of benefits
- Total household income of less than £25 000.
How to Apply
- The applications for the 16-19 bursary (2020/21) should be received by Friday 25th September 2020. Applications made after this date will be considered, but will not be back dated.
- Completed application forms should be emailed to KS5Bursary@blue-coat.org.